Volunteering at Yuma Elementary
Yuma Elementary School District One extends an invitation to you to become a volunteer in our schools. When you volunteer your time and your talents, our students and our schools benefit. You can work with children in the classrooms, the library, the cafeteria, and many other places. You can complete projects at school or at home. Your help will support teachers in their work and children in their learning.
We know you'll enjoy your volunteer experience. By sharing your time with our students and staff you will:
- Have the opportunity to share your skills and talents
- Gain a better understanding of how children learn
- Meet and work with teachers and other volunteers
- Know that the work you are doing affects the quality of education for the children of our community
- Learn valuable new skills that you might use in future endeavors
There are many ways you can volunteer:
- Become a school volunteer
- Become a mentor for an individual student
- If you belong to a service organization or a church, form a partnership with a school
- Adopt-a-school for a one-time event or develop an ongoing relationship
- Invite educators to give presentations at your functions, and then develop a plan for your organization to support the school or program
For more information about becoming a school volunteer, please contact Alice Quintero at (928) 502.4303.