Yuma Elementary School District provides gifted services through individualized gifted education plan, gifted cluster classrooms in elementary schools, and advanced classes at middle schools. The mission is to promote the optimum development of gifted students.
To promote the optimum development of each student's intellectual, emotional, and social abilities while honoring diversity among gifted students.
What We Believe
Gifted students are gifted all day every day. They deserve services that meet their needs throughout the school day.
What does gifted education look like at Yuma School District One?
- Instruction tailored to gifted students’ needs
- Using technology to give students choices
- Rigorous course work
- Individualized Gifted Education Plans (GDEPs)
Cluster Model: 3-10 gifted students grouped in the same classroom with grade-level peers.
- Allows gifted students to regularly interact with their intellectual peers and age group
- Provides services every day
- Allows for adapting the level of curriculum as needed
- Advanced core content classes
- Opportunity to earn high school credits through A+ Challenge Tests
- AVID school-wide program to encourage rigorous curriculum and college readiness